2009 marks the fourth annual ASER “Best of” awards. This year, our nominees represent the best products adidas, Calle Republic, Concave, Diadora, Nike, Puma, Sarson.
Los Angeles, CA (February 1, 2010) – The AVID Soccer Equipment Review is pleased to congratulate the winners of our annual Best Of awards. Winners included Calle Republic, Concave, Puma and Diadora.
Winners are selected in each category based on value, quality and desirability. Other criterion is category specific. Winners are selected by a combination of votes from editors, testers and readers. Details are available at http://blog.avidsoccer.com.
The Best of 2009 are:
- Coolest Lifestyle Product – Nominees include Nike’s Holland Anthem Jacket, the adidas Hero Hoodie. The winner is the Calle Republic Rilo street shoe. Calle one over great products from adidas and Nike by creating a shoe ideally suited to the soccer lifestyle and street soccer.
- Best Boot – Nominees include the adidas Predator X and Puma v1.10. The winner is the Concave PT+. Any of these boots could have finished first and there was a strong argument for each. In the end, better grass roots support for the Concave PT+ pushed it ahead of the competition.
- Best Ball – Nominees include the adidas Jabulani and Nike Ascente. Both are world class professional quality balls, but we selected the value priced (relatively speaking) Puma King XL as our winner.
- Best Kit – Nominees include the Sarson Bonn and adidas Russian National team kit. The winner is a balance between high quality and value in the Diadora Ermano.
- Innovative Product of the Year – The first nomination for our most important award go to the Woman’s Professional Soccer league for changing the way soccer franchises are marketed in the US. The second nomination goes to Lotto Team Sports for changing the way uniforms are designed and produced. Our winner is the Concave striking plate. It changes the way we think about hitting the ball. The Concave striking patch may be the equivalent to the oversized golf club.
About AVID Soccer:
AVID Soccer is a grass roots organization that provides information and training to individual players, groups and teams. AVID Soccer consists of coaches and trainers dedicated to improving the image of soccer; the level of training; and the level of play. http://www.avidsoccer.com
The AVID Soccer Equipment Review (ASER), one of the largest independent review sites, provides objective testing services, reviews and information on soccer equipment and related products. The AVID Soccer Equipment review web log was founded in March 2006. http://blog.avidsoccer.com
AVID Soccer News presents product announcements, player gossip, team transfers, lifestyle, etc. In short, we present the news and views of the soccer world. Articles are compiled from original content, press releases and reprinted publications. http://news.avidsoccer.com
Diadora introduces Terra Verde, an environmentally friendly soccer apparel collection made from post-consumer recycled P.E.T. It is the first eco-friendly soccer kit to take the field in the U.S. market.
Shoe retailer Geox SpA’s Founder and Chairman Mario Moretti Polegato has presented a non-binding bid for debt-laden sportswear company Diadora.